You are going to have cataract surgery on one of your eyes. The surgery will last for approximately one hour.
- We will numb your eye with a needle and you will have no pain during surgery.
- You will have to lie still on a bed during surgery, and you can not move your head, your hands or any parts of your body. You will be covered with a drape.
- If you have pain, you should tell us and we will give you more numbing.
- After surgery we will cover your eye with a patch and you have to stay in the hospital till next morning.
- Tomorrow morning we will remove the patch from your eye and give you eyedrops to use for 1 month.
- If you live nearby, you will also need to return for a checkup 5 days after the surgery.
- Your vision will not be very good the next day, but it will return gradually, over the next month.
- Please, let us know if you have any questions.